Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Working on Eileen in the midst of Sandy

I hope all my friends in the path of the storm are safe and warm.

The weather was getting pretty wild, so my boss sent me home early. Dave wasn't rolling in until 10ish, so I made good use of the time and got to work finishing Eileen


The majority of the evening was spent in knitting on the collar. The last hour I've been working on fitting in the sleeve and sewing the seam. I hate sewing in sleeves, I usually have a heck of a time, and always end up making them look all puffy and weird. But this one turned out pretty good. I took some of my own advice (which was given to Samantha during her sewing lesson) "Pins are you friend - you can never use too many!"

The other sleeve is still on the blocking board. It's still damp but should be dry by tomorrow. There's conflicting reports on how bad the storm will be tomorrow. I brought my computer home, so I can do some work from here if necessary... and maybe sneak in a little knitting time.

3 comments:

RobinH said...

Lovely work! And I'm with you on the pins...

Knatolee said...

Looking good!!

Anonymous said...

Eileen is looking gorgeous! When will you begin selling your wide-striping sock yarn? Or maybe you have and it's already sold out. Oh no!