Friday, August 2, 2013

Fickle

I've frogged the Queen Street cardigan. I want the LeStrange cardi more - and I think having two fingering weight cardigans on the needles at the same time is probably a bad idea.

But I still don't have the yarn for LeStrange yet.... and I want to knit a cardigan now!!!!

Fortunately I recently bought a sundress that's in desperate need of a cardigan. And I have just the yarn for it!
That funky material in the background is the sundress.
I've had this Bamboo Tape forever (colour is 'honey'). I bought it to make a big, sloppy pullover - readers who have been around for a few years may remember the sweater I started with it. But it got set aside and eventually frogged. I still loved the yarn though and it really is perfect for the kind of cardigan I want. Big, flowy and comfy!
Yay! 5mm needles!
I've chosen the French Braid cardigan, and I have to admit, after making a couple of cardigans in fingering - it's kinda nice to do one in worsted. I think it will be a nice distraction when the LeStrange cardigan gets overwhelming.

4 comments:

Araignee said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Oooooh, really pretty. The pattern is going to show up so well with this buttery soft yarn.

Anonymous said...

That's the PERFECT color for that sundress.

You are a knitting ninja these days!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous colour ... and it is nice to be working on the big-@ss needles, isn't it?