Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monogamy is not for me

Astute readers will notice that I've been almost faithful in my knitting since just before the move. I say "almost", because while I've had many projects on the needles, I've been steadily working on one thing until it's done. And to me, that's monogamous enough (travel sock projects don't count!)

And it's been nice to clear out some projects in a shorter time than usual. But you knew it couldn't last didn't you? (especially after that last post...) While I'm waiting to head to the studio and dye up something delicious for LeStrange, I couldn't resist casting on for the Queen Street cardigan
Tux looks so good in red

I'd actually planned to cast this on while in Virginia, but I'd forgotten to pack the pattern.  Of course, this will be heartless abandoned as soon as I have yarn for LeStrange, but we can have a brief, passionate affair while it lasts....

(Of course, passionate is one way to describe what was going on last night as I was trying to set the lace pattern and it just wasn't working out.... turns out there was an errata, published that morning - I think I'm back on track....)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tux DOES look good in red. It sets off his yellow eyes very nicely.

Araignee said...

Monogamy is over rated-when it comes to knitting that is. I have never been able to work on only one thing at a time. I would go crazy and then hate that one thing.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh I HATE when I find errata after struggling to make it work! And no, I didn't really think you'd be monogamous for very long :)

RobinH said...

The only problem now...getting Tux out of the sweater long enough to knit it! (It is a great color on him.)

Unknown said...

Starting new projects is so fun! Looks like Tux approves and is willing to help in any way he can.

elns said...

I completely approve of the project switching. Make your knitting self happy. Dang, I love the expression on Tux's face in that photo. Priceless. "Of COURSE I look good in red!"