Saturday, March 1, 2014

FO: Reading Mitts

As promised, I was a good girl and finished up the Reading Mitts last night.
These are a ridiculously quick knit and the only reason it took two weeks to knit them was a) they were mostly knit over lunch hours, and b) I got distracted by sparkly rainbows (who wouldn't?).
I did the smallest size and as a result they are nice and snug - just the way I like them

I've gotten so use to wearing gloves and mitts made with fingering, I forgot just how much warmer DK is. They were nice and toasty today! I think I may need to make some thicker mittens!

But now I'm turning my attention back to my UFOs. Since it's the weekend, I'm probably going to work on Lestrange... though I do have the second rainbow glove to make... and I might have brought home a new skein from the studio that's just perfect for Pirate Danger...

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I've had these in my queue for a long time, maybe it's time to give them a try ...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

May favourite fingerless mitts pattern! Yours are lovely. I did a pair in Cashmerino and they were fab!

Rachelle said...

They do look good and I love the look of the Pirate Danger socks

Unknown said...

Oh those are lovely! You knit so evenly and pretty, wow! I also love the color combo with the pink mug! Idea for a future project? ;-)

Unknown said...

Great pictures of your new reading mitts! I think they should go right into a knitting magazine!

Araignee said...

So pretty! They look so delicate for DK.