Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 5: Halfway lazy

Well, it's Wednesday and my vacation is already half over. No matter how long, it always goes too fast. So today, I decided to slow things down.
Taking a cue from Tux, I've been camped in a sunbeam, just enjoying the world around me. It's still quite cool outside, though yesterday's snow has melted.  But in the sun, with my blankie, everything is warm and cozy.

From my perch, I've watched the bunnies cavort in the yard.
And chase the birds from the fallen seed under the feeder. And chase each other around the yard, which is really quite funny.

I can see Stan and Opal (so named by Samantha) guarding their new batch of eggs.
You can't see it, but on the back of that leaf there are at least 100 eggs. Hopefully they don't eat them this time. Earlier this week I got some new plants for the tank, so if the eggs do hatch, it gives the babies places to hide from hungry mouths.

And, in addtion to watching the world go by, I've been knitting.
The Cobblestone cowl is almost done.
I'm basically just knitting this one until the yarn runs out, and the end is very close. I expect to finish it up tonight, which is going to be just as lazy as the day was!

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sounds like about the perfect day ... right down to the bunnies. The only thing that could make that better would be if those bunnies were hiding foil-wrapped chocolates around the yard :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me.

I like the colors on your cowl.

Unknown said...

Oh, love that cowl! Yeah for a lazy day. That's on my agenda for tomorrow.

kathy b said...

awwww I hope the itty bitty fishies don't get eaten this time. I used to tell fireman: Please don't eat our young, while I m at work.
Weird….yup I am

elns said...

Love your halfway lazy day and all the lovely animals. Your cowl is just amazing. I love the colors, the pattern so beautiful.