Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It is November, right?

Hallowe'en is done and dusted, and here were are.... the first day of November
Raspberries.... did you hear me? I said NO-VEM-BER....
Apparently the roses didn't get the memo either....
I'll give the Butterfly Bush a little bit of a break.... it had a late start this year.
The Milkweed however, has done nothing but show off....
I think it's been in competition with the Blanket Flower.
Last year, the Dianthans didn't bloom past June. This year I moved them to the backyard (more sun) and they haven't stopped blooming.
I expect the Susans to bloom well into Fall, but November does seem to be pushing it. Especially considering we have a had a couple nights of  frost.
But even Cupid's Dart could less about that.
And the Baby's Breath has joined the protest....
And then there's the Snap Dragons...
 I guess it's just hard...
To keep a good dragon down...


(And if you missed it, scroll down... my little undead bride rocked Hallowe'en)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupid's Dart is a very interesting flower.

Rowen's Halloween costume was awesome!!! Who did her makeup?

Araignee said...

Blooms? Still? Wow. It's still really green here too. Usually by now it looks pretty fallish but it was 80 here over the weekend. It's supposed to be in the 70's all week. It's so weird.

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful walk through your garden! I always loved our Fall raspberries but this does seem a bit late for them!

kathy b said...

Wow . Almost NOTHING still flowering in wisconsin. One or two mums. I am reminded of the hardy snaps though and will plant some next year for sure.

Vera said...

Love the Halloween costume - excellent!! And your flowers? Amazing. Still some green here in PA, but no blooms.....