With every quilt I learn something. With the Chocolate-covered pinwheels, I learned the importance of squaring up you blocks BEFORE you try to sew them together into a top. The pinwheel top is a little wonky because I didn't do that.
So when I was ready to start working on the batik star quilt top, I was determined to do better. I got them all up and started squaring. But apparently I was drunk when sewing them... they should have all been about 7 inches square. And some were... but some were 7 by 6.75.. and some were 6.5 by 6.75. Don't ask me how I managed it. So I grudging set out to making them all 6.5 inches squares.
Of course this means a lot of the stars lost some of their points. And sewing them together was going to make them lose more. I almost chucked it all in, but I decided to persevere and see what happened.
Of course, this top is far from done. You may recall but this one is a long-overdue wedding present, so I want it to be queen-sized
I was hoping to get this one done before Christmas, but it won't be happening. Not only do I not have the fabric needed, I will most definitely be farming this one out to Mom for quilting. And she's much too busy to give her that sort of deadline. But it will keep - it's not like fabric goes bad.
And just incase you're wondering, I'm calling this one Deep Sea Stars... now it's time to tackle those Bear Paws. Stay tuned!