Thursday, March 8, 2018

Babe in the woods

On the sewing agenda was the quilt for my cousin's baby who's due in a month or so. I mentioned a few weeks back that Mom gave me some left over blocks from her Woodland quilt, and I thought they'd be just perfect for a baby blanket.
Using the red tree scraps from my Woodland quilt, and some plain green I picked up for it, and in no time, I had the top together. And yes... that is a little photobombing paw at the bottom...
Burton thinks all the quilts belong to him.

I've still got to get some batting, but I'm hoping to quilt this one on the weekend and send it off to her soon after.

11 comments:

Araignee said...

That material is to die for!!!!

Cat Lover said...

Love the combination of colours! Burton is sweet too!

Tired Teacher said...

Great fabric choices: the red looks great with the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And I mean the quilt AND Burton!

Vera said...

That turned out so cute! I love baby things that are not "typical" -- pink, blue and cutesy. Well done!

Eastside Cats said...

Everything in the house belongs to the cats; it's the 1st cat rule!

chrisknits said...

Wonderful baby quilt for the little one. Burton is a good judge!

kathy b said...

Cats are so funny with their paws. That baby quilt will be loved and cherished. Great gift.

Delighted Hands said...

A great way to put the extra blocks to good use-the red is a great pop of color!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love it! And apparently Burton does too. LOL Have we told him it will be leaving soon cuz that might not go over so well.

gayle said...

Quilt pictures are always better with cats in them. I think that's why the cats so often push their way into them!