As I mentioned on Monday, I should have had an FO post for the Wildflower cardigan for you today...
Instead, I have an AFO post... (Almost Finished Object).
You see, I got the cardigan done, pinned it out on the blocking board, and stretched out all that pretty lace. But something was bothering me. The neckline looked too big. I ignored it and waited for it to dry (not that I could do anything else at that point - it was a wet sweater, after all).
When it was dry, I unpinned it all and gave myself a moment to admire it. It looked exactly as I'd pictured in my mind - a rare thing when designing (at least for me).
Then I put it on. Yep... that neckline was definitely too big. It fell off the shoulders, and when I tugged it up, it gaped terribly at the back. All that pretty lace is just too flimsy for something that needs a bit of structure.
So sadly, I'm going to have to rip the neck lace out and try something else - either a plain garter, or a small rib to snug everything up. Unfortunately, that also means the front bands have to come out too, because I did them after the neckline. They knit fast, but still...such is the fun of designing