Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Spring Tide

This weekend I accompanied little Wren and her Mom, Krista to a local flower show.

It was small, but it was beautiful and it was just the hit of spring I needed. While it's been pretty sunny, we're lucky to get above freezing right now (and it snowed a little yesterday!)
 The theme was Springtime in Paris and the green house was done up like a Paris boulevard complete with cafe
And flower market. The whole place smelled amazing! And just look at all the flowers.
I was absolutely swooning at the sight of all these Ranunculus. I tried to grow some last year, but they didn't do well. I may have to try again.
I do so love a nice blushing daffy. Krista said after the show is over, they do a bulb sale, so I may have to come back and get some of these.
And there's nothing like a god, solid red tulip. A true symbol of spring.
I've got Grape Hyacinths in the garden and I hope they make a good show this year. It will still be a few weeks before I see them
Itwill definitely be a month or more before we see the fruit trees blossom, but they were in full glory in the green house. And of course, they smelled amazing...
Wren thought all the flowers were wonderful - and I have to agree. Oh Spring... can't you come just a little sooner this year?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tulips. I think they may be my favorite spring flower.

Araignee said...

Oh, good gracious...that looks like heaven!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Some one's mind is on gardening. ;-)

Delighted Hands said...

We had a beautiful day yesterday and then the wind came in gangbusters-from the north and the temps dropped and we woke up to frost on the roof again! I'm sure you are ready for Spring, too! The ranunculus is incredible-I used to grow them and had forgotten! What a great flower show to enjoy together!

Vera said...

Such beautiful pictures! I love the blushing daffys too. Each year I am tempted to go to the Philadelphia Flower Show...but the crowds are intense and it's a pain in the butt to get there (convention center in center city) for me.

Tired Teacher said...

Whoa - gorgeous blooms and a fabulous display. I wouldn't have wanted to leave!

The Ranunculus are beautiful: I don't think I've ever seen them before.

kathy b said...

The ranunculus are so so pretty. En masse or solo! Thanks for the sneak Spring preview. I'm thinking about how to deal with all the country bugs this year. I'm going to plant something on our bedroom patio to repel them naturally. ? Citronella ?

Judy S. said...

Love seeing all these beautiful flowers and a preview of spring. We have a few crocus and daffodils blooming after yesterday's warmth, but today we are back in the gray. At least the flowers add a touch of color!

Eastside Cats said...

Our grape hyacinth have spread into the lawn, so we have a carpet of them! Love them!