Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Confounded

Hitofude is going along swimmingly. Well... sort of.

Last night I got the second sleeve seamed and started on the collar and ribbing along the body. Tonight I finished up the ribbing, and went to bind the collar off, and discovered I didn't have near the amount of stitches I should.

And I can't for the life of me figure out why... unless I cast on the wrong amount of stitches, or somehow picked up the provisonal cast on wrong... but I don't think so.

You know me... I was sick at the thought of knitting it all again, so I decided to just press forward. I had to change some of the counts a bit, but I got the pattern to a place where I could slide it all on some waste yarn to try it on.
 If it fit, I could forge ahead with my mods. If it didn't... welll.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibit!!!!

However, I am very pleased and relieved to say, it fits like a glove! (Thank goodness for narrow shoulders!) In fact it fits much better than I think it would if I'd had the right amount of stitches. As the painter Bob Ross so wisely said... there are no mistakes - just happy accidents!

So - the upper body is complete, now it's onto the body, where I expect the knitting will slow exponentially... there's a lot of increasing in my future.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Glad it fits! Just as cold weather is approaching, you'll have a good project to stay inside and work up.

Nancy Kay said...

What a relief to find that it fits and that you can press on!! It's looking great!