Sunday, December 6, 2015

Twinkle, twinkle little orchid...

Things have a been a little rough in orchid world over here.

My poor little white orchid drowned a few months ago. I think Dave might have decided to "help" by watering the plants... her little pot was just full of water. I tried to dry her out, but she didn't make it.

I accidentally knocked over my peachy orchid and broke her pot. She survived, but lost a good chunk of her potting mix. She's hanging in there but could use a good top up.

So when I walked into the grocery store earlier this week, I certainly wasn't planning on buying another orchid, but the there was this...
This a Twinkle Orchid. I saw them several months back, but I didn't have the money for it. When I finally did and went back to get one, they were all gone.

I certainly wasn't expecting to see this one when I went grocery shopping, but there was no way I was passing it by.

Twinkle orchids blooms are super tiny - each about the size of my pinky fingernail. The store had them paired up with some very pretty Phals
 Just look at those gorgeous pink blooms!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

My cats would have a field day with those . THey are stunning and beautiful Remember when non one had them? I read the ORchid theif the book years ago and liked it

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty arrangement having the Phal. with a Twinkle orchid.

I had a BEAUTIFUL Twinkle a few years back, but sadly it didn't make it. (It was one of my favorites too. :-( --- I had not found another one like it. Yet!)

Araignee said...

I have to admire orchids from afar. I can kill them by just being in the same room with them. I did not inherit my mother's green thumb but Daddio's knack for making things wither.

Donna said...

That is beautiful. I don't seem to have much luck with them. Sigh...

elns said...

It's a beauty. I won't lie. I seem to buy an orchid every year. I kill even the prettiest of things. sigh.