Thursday, September 29, 2016

FO: Dishcloth Blankie

It's finally starting to feel like autumn around here. The days are still nice and warm, but the mornings and evenings are cool. The hand-knit socks have been pulled out and I figured it was a fabulous time to finish up the last few colours on the Dishcloth Blankie.
The yarn used was five colours of Rowan All Season's Cotton that Mom had been collecting here and there. She did a large de-stash and I figured they would be just perfect for a snuggly blankie
It's a soft, squishy 60/40 worsted weight blend of cotton and acrylic - perfect for a rumble, tumble blanket that will need a few good washings in it's lifetime.
Colours are Ecru, White, Mulberry, Giddy (light pink), and Lime. Finished size is 36" x 64" and I forsee it getting lots of use in the years to come.
I don't claim it as my design... but I have created a bit of a "recipe". If your want to make your own, you can find the details on Ravelry. Now excuse me....
I'm going to see if I can convince a certain someone that it's time to cuddle....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blankie reminds me of "mod" from the 1960s. It has a very retro vibe! Very cute too!

Hope Ru let you snuggle a bit.

Bridget said...

I love the final version of the blanket! It does look very cozy. I'm surprised the kitties let you photograph it without snooper-vision ...

kathy b said...

What a simple concept turned into a fantastic finish. WOW. I dont see one garter error! Nice!

Vera said...

Your blanket is great! I bet your hands are glad to be finished with it though!!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Nice! I like the diagonal stripes. That certain someone has snuggle written all over his face too. :-)

Judy S. said...

Very pretty blanket! Love the colors, too.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great blanket! I love the colors and the design! I hope you got that snuggle!
I am all stretched out in my own bed with a kitty curled up beside me...I do miss my cats when we travel and it is great to be welcomed home!

Araignee said...

Oh....it came out just darling!!!! Perfect for kitty cuddling!!!

Mary Lou said...

Nice - I did one of these for my godson in school colors last year, but forgot the photo. Colors and layout are perfect.