Monday, September 19, 2016

Look who's back...

Yep. Sunday night, right around dinner time, he sauntered up to the back door and let me know he was looking for a bite.
And yep - I said "he". I got a better look at his floofy back end this time, and I'm 99% sure she is a he (but boy is there a lot of fur back there!). This time around I was allowed to pet him, and even got some purrs.

After dinner, it was time for some more nip
And some belly-showing
And despite how inviting that belly looks...
Don't fall for it!
He hung out for about half an hour before wandering off.
 After a good stretch and scratch on my fence.  I went back inside to finish cooking dinner, but soon enough, my attention was drawn to the back door once again.
Visitor kitty REALLY wanted to come in, but as you can see, someone wasn't going to let him pass.
While I finished dinner, Dave went out to make friends.  (he ended up with a scratched hand too, despite my warnings.)
I finally spoke with my neighbour and their cat is safely inside, so I'll have to keep looking.
Such a gorgeous kitty definitely belongs somewhere!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a VERY handsome kitty! Such a beautiful face. I hope you will find his owner OR be able to keep him yourself.

Cat Lover said...

He is such a beautiful kitty! We are going through the same thing too. A gorgeous friendly cat showed up about three weeks ago and no one seems to know where he belongs.

Delighted Hands said...

He is a beauty....we had a stray who used to invite you for a belly rub and then rip into your hand. We fed him for a long time but never quite convinced him that people could be trusted!
He just might be a visitor for a good while, too.

Bridget said...

I hope he has a chip, and owners who want him back. A friend of mine found a kitty the same way last fall, contacted the owners via the chip ID, and they were not interested.

Kitties are sweet. People, not always.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

He is handsome indeed!!! And it looks like he's picking you to be his new person! But can he convince your kitty of that....now that's the question.

Vera said...

What a gorgeous cat! I hope you can find the owners...or become the owners (do we ever really "own" cats?).

RobinH said...

He seems very well-groomed. Do you think he's got a home and is just hitting you up for snacks, or do you think he's a stray?

Either way, he's a gorgeous fellow!

Araignee said...

I've got two cats that come from time to time to eat with the outdoor kitties. I know they must belong to someone. They must just like what I am serving better. Some people only serve kibble and I do canned and lots of treats so I think I am the local kitty buffet.

Unknown said...

Those eyes!! Just gorgeous!