Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Still here...

This big, beautiful boy continues to grace us with his prescence. Yesterday, I got home from work and he'd already been here for an hour. Dave gave him something to eat, any they were hanging out in the yard BBQing.

After dinner, I sat in the yard with him and watched him chase one of Rupert's sparkle balls for a bit before he got bored and wandered off.  Today, he showed up around 2 p.m. Sitting at the back door, waiting for me or Rupert to notice him.
While he was eating, I was able to get a collar on him (with only a little growl). Taped to that collar is a note, asking his owner to call/text/email me and let me know he has a home. If I don't hear anything, or he comes back with the collar still on, Friday I'll get him in the carrier and up to the vet for a microchip scan.
He's far too lovely to be left out on his own.

3 comments:

Araignee said...

That's a very clever idea about the collar. I hope you hear from someone soon.

Anonymous said...

He IS a handsome boy.

His owner should be taking better care of him though. He shouldn't be wandering out of his yard.

Delighted Hands said...

Great idea for the collar and the note! He loves hanging out with you guys!