Thursday, September 8, 2016

Melting

Despite this...
It doesn't feel like September at all. We got a few decent days and then the thermometre shot back up, and the humidity moved in. Yesterday, we broke heat records here and today isn't looking much better (though there is a small chance of a thunderstorm.). It's hotter than Hades and it makes it very hard to knit, but I'm trying to keep at it
The dishcloth blankie is moving right along. Only a few more colours to go. A few of you have complimented to colour combination, but I can't really take credit for it. The yarn is Rowan All Seasons Cotton, and it was a a bunch of random balls mom had stashed away in a bag. She'd bought them from a couple different ebay sales with no real project in mind. I saw them all together and thought they'd make a lovely blanket.

But I like it so much, these colours will be the colour scheme for the main floor of the house... when I get around to redecorating one of these days...

4 comments:

Araignee said...

It's hotter than Hades here too. It's making me cranky. I was into early fall mode and now it's back to the tropics for who knows how long. Ugh....

Bridget said...

I am so tired of this ridiculously hot weather - ugh.

The blanket is so very pretty. I agree, the color combo is a good one. Have any of the kitties attempted to claim it?

Lorraine said...

I'll say it. "Hot enough for ya?"

kathy b said...

Steamy in Wisconsin. SOme thundery downpours in the afternoon . Seem we will have TV interruptions with heavy rains, but that's fine with me.
Fun to pull a color scheme you love for your home! I'd keep the blanket then to use in my house!