At last, it's done!
When my coworker told me she was expecting, she also told me they were keeping the baby's gender a surprise. When I went on the hunt for fabrics, I looked for ones that would work for a boy or a girl.
I knew I wanted a "cat" theme, as the blanket I made for her first child had cats. The cat fabric I found was part of a bundle that included the solid brown and beige. While perfectly gender neutral, it was a little on the dull size. Then I found the orange/yellow/black print, which was also a bundle including the solid orange and yellow. I decided that would give it enough zing, while still suitable for boy or girl.
Coworker's baby ended up being a girl... and she's almost six months old! So this is getting packed up and mailed off first thing (she's a long-distance coworker, located in California). Thank goodness it takes a while for babies to outgrow blankies!
And I've got some fabric coming for another Mother/Daughter collaboration... stay tuned!