Saturday, September 2, 2017

Close, but no cigar

Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to get the Bronte socks finished for September 1st.
I'd be upset, but there were very good reasons... like antiquing, and aquariums, and mall days...

And while you're reading this, Mom and I are trekking north to return the girls to their parents. It's a six-hour round trip, so there's plenty of time to finish them up. In fact, it will probably be too much time, so I've caked up my yarn for the I♥Fall KAL.
I'll be knitting Cascading Leaves and I'm using a skein of Alley Cat I dyed up ages ago. It's called "Deadfall" and as you can see, it's a lovely dark brown with touches of orange, red, blue and green.  I can't think of a more perfect fall yarn.
And as you can see, it's Relic* approved.


*Relic is doing a fantastic job of convincing Dave of "What's one more cat???" Far better than I can do. I'm just sitting back and letting the furry boy work his magic...

7 comments:

Araignee said...

How could anyone resist such a sweetie?

Knatolee said...

You'll be up to 17 cats in no time! :)

Delighted Hands said...

Very good reasons for the lack of a finish! Let Relic do his work indeed!

kathy b said...

Oh perfect cast on for the KAL. I want all of you making knitting socks, to show them in a similar way. not my contest. I'll ask Dee. Like if you could all show us with your feet crossed no shoes on so we can really SEE them! ! I would love to ask all to show them under ahouse like the wicked witches sister on Wizard of oz but thats not nice. right?

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Relic has the cutest little white paws...that alone should be enough to get him an in with Dave. ;-) I love your yarn choice for the KAL. Happy car knitting.

chrisknits said...

Aw, he's the purrfect adviser! Dave is a very smart guy. ;-)

Lorraine said...

Relic has tennis shoes!

BTW- how do you get a copy of that pattern? I had it in my Rav library but when I clicked there was nothing there. Hmmm.