Wednesday, September 27, 2017

One by one

The batik saw tooth stars are by far the most complex block I've attempted, so I'm taking my time with them to make as few mistakes as possible.

Since my home office is also my sewing room, it's much easier to be motivated. Each day when I work from home, and my work is done, I roll my chair over to the sewing machine and bang out another star.
Since I made all my HSTs ahead of time, I've got a fairly streamlined system for assembly. It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete one, but I feel like it's a huge accomplishment.
So far I have six of 16 done. If I can keep this pace up, I should have them all done by mid-October. It's not mandatory, but I'd love to have this quilt wrapped up by Christmas. It's not a Christmas present, but a long overdue wedding gift, and Christmas is the next time I'll see the recipients, so it would be ideal.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those batik colors are just so, so pretty!

That is going to make a very classy quilt.

Delighted Hands said...

Wonderful!!!! The blocks are executed beautifully and it is a great system to accomplish them! Doesn't it feel good to stitch them out?!

chrisknits said...

Gorgeous! I have batiks collected for a Full quilt. Maybe I should get on the ball on that one?

Araignee said...

It's sooooo beautiful!!!!!

Eastside Cats said...

Your batik stars are lovely! The wonderful patterns will have your giftee swooning with delight.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I just love this! So pretty!

kathy b said...

YOu seem good at deadlines. I think it will be done on TIME

Samantha said...

My favourite quilt of yours so far. It is beautiful.

Jocelyn said...

So beautiful! I don't sew, but I adore quilts - thank you for sharing this one!

UplayOnline said...

That is going to make a very classy quilt.


ทางบ้าน