Sunday, September 3, 2017

Quilts gone wild

I did not finish the Bronte sock during our drive yesterday, which means I did not start Cascading Leaves for the KAL. But I don't want to talk about that right now... so let's talk about something happier!

I think I may have gone a little quilt crazy this week. While we were out antiquing the the girls this week, they wanted to make more pillow cases so we stopped at Lens Mills by my house (my fav place for discount fabric).

With Corvin's quilt top together, I needed to get some coordinating fabric to so I could finish  the top on at least one of my two quilts-on-the-go (QOTG) - my pinwheels and my bear paws. I couldn't find the chocolatey brown I want for the pinwheels, but it was easy to find a nice neutral for the bear paws.
Similar enough to blend, but different enough to stand out... if that makes any sense!

Ages ago I bought some batik charm squares and I recently decided I want to try some star blocks, but I needed something for a background.
 The remnant bin yielded up a full yard of this lovely creamy batik (This remnant bin has the best finds!).

And Wednesday I found out that Mom ordered me a yard of a lovely chocolate brown fabric I'd been eyeing on Missouri Star Quilts site... so in a week or so, I'll have that for my pinwheels.

But wait, there's more.

On the way back from dropping the girls off in Owen Sound, Mom mentioned she needed something for one of her new/old sewing machines. So I suggested we see if Lens Mills in Guelph had it... it was on our way home, and it's a much bigger store than the one by my house.
I've had an idea for a quilt for Wren kicking around in my head for a while. I knew I wanted some bird fabric, but haven't been able to find quite what I wanted online. But I've got it now, three different types with coordinating fabrics!

So now that's five QOTGs!!!!

I think I've earned the magnet mom just bought for me....

8 comments:

Araignee said...

I've got the quilt bug too and it's been very expensive. I love your finds. Those batik charms are gorgeous!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Looks like there's lots of quilty goodness in your future!! Can't wait to see them all.

kathy b said...

People who knit, and sew are the best. I don't sew I just admire all y'all from afar.

Anonymous said...

Oh my golly . . . that BIRD FABRIC is so, so cute.

Delighted Hands said...

Welcome to the sisterhood is right! Wonderful things going on in your quilting piles!
Nice finds and you have good taste in fabric!

Mereknits said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous. Have fun.

chrisknits said...

You go Girl!!! I think I joined that Sisterhood a long time ago, and then renewed my membership recently. LOL

Vera said...

Love the bird fabric! You do so much...have so much going on...