Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday stash

I really shouldn't be buying more fabric, but Lens had a fantastic sale on batiks this week - just $10 a yard. If you didn't already know... batiks are my favourite.

The batik quilt I've got on the go isn't for me, and I just couldn't resist the thought of having one of my own...
...so eight quarter yard cuts came home with me. I'm not sure what pattern I'm going to do yet, though I'm thinking something like this.
 (You know I love those HSTs!

Of course... all decisions and cutting have to wait until I at least get one other quilt top done. I've got all the fabric for my bear paws now, so I'm thinking that will be it.... but first I've got to deal with the fair knitting...(note to self: I really HATE knitting mittens)

8 comments:

Araignee said...

I love those batiks! That quilt looks like fun too.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice fabric-I am a sucker for Batiks, too! What's not to like about mittens-the thumb?

chrisknits said...

Oh, so pretty! I love knitting mittens, until I get to the thumb!!

Mereknits said...

Who could resist those fabric's? I am trying to work on my crochet sweater but I find my mind wandering to another shawl or two. I need to be tougher on myself and get this done.

kathy b said...

Well its never good to resist the pull of creativity!!
In the garden news here: I moved three pitiful hosta yesterday. They just weren't improving the look.
My 99 cent cosmos continue to bloom thrive and now go to seed.
We are already trimming trees.
Our weather is superb

Vera said...

Love your batiks - beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors!

Eastside Cats said...

Gorgeous quilt pattern!