Thursday, September 24, 2009

Button Up

You know my last post.... where I was all proud at finishing the fronts of the cardi, and I said that I had a few hours left that night to knit? Remember how I asked if I should start on the sleeves or work on my sock? You remember that?

Well....

I didn't start the sleeves.....

I didn't even work on the sock.....

I sat at the computer ....

..... all night.....

....buying BUTTONS! (Damn you Etsy!)

You see, after finding those lovely dragon buttons... I decided I needed a button stash.... I have a small one... sort of... mostly it's just buttons I've "borrowed" from Mom's button stash. You know... "Mom, I forgot to bring my project with me, so I'm just going to take a bunch home that might work and I'll bring the rest back."

But then the buttons don't want to leave. They like it here, and they know that eventually, I'll find the right project for them.

Anyway... I was on Etsy and I found these:

With the exception of the octopi, I think I had a theme going.

But the Octopi were just so cute. I think they will be perfect for a little pink baby outfit.

I can easily see this becoming a new addiction... there are so many cool buttons out there. I think I may got to a thrift store too.... see if there are some clothes with unique buttons.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to Mom's to do a little yarn photographing, so don't forget to stop by the shop this weekend to see what's new!

5 comments:

lexa said...

I love funky buttons!

Jocelyn said...

Man, those are great buttons! I need to start knitting more buttonable items...

Rhonda said...

I like the first set of kitty ones. You for the jar.

Haley said...

PLEASE don't give me more reasons to spend so many hours and money on etsy. it's so addictive and i want everything!

Jeanne said...

I love the cat buttons!