Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Got my groove on...

With some help from my knitting friends, Peno...
... who kept my pattern warm, and Tux...... who kept my lap warm, I spent yesterday evening and tonight finishing up the second front of the cardi. It's blocking with the first half...All I have left is the sleeves, and since I plan to do 3/4 sleeves instead of full sleeves, I am well ahead of my October 31st deadline. I may even have it done before my buttons arrive!

It makes it very tempting to cast on for the Dragon shawl.... but, I think the Dragon shawl may end up waiting a little longer than planned.

You see, yesterday I went up to Mom's to drop off some stuff I had borrowed... and she suckered me into dying more yarn. (Keep you eye on the shop... Fluffy Cat (Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere) and Slinky Cat (Merino/Silk) yarns will soon be available.) I dyed one skein just for myself and it's destined to become the Traveling Woman shawl...I've loved this pattern since I first saw it and I figured, since it's smaller, it's probably a good "practice" project before taking on the Dragon shawl and possibly mucking up my Sea Silk.

So, there are several hours left to the evening.... should I cast on a sleeve or work on the pink sock?

6 comments:

lexa said...

I'm probably hitting this a little too late, but I say start the sleeves.

I started a baby blanket knit like the sock yarn afghan only knit horizontally. It's addictive! No wonder you want to work on your crackghan a lot!

TheBlackSheep said...

Sleeves. I'm a monogomous knitter for the most part, so I'd say get the cardy done, especially before the cold weather comes.

Having said that, do whatever you want the most. It is after all, a hobby, yes?

Peno is a beautiful cat!

Kiki said...

I say sleeves...but this is after the fact.

Those cats are both so adorable...love Tux's expression!

Jeanne said...

Wow - that is gorgeous yarn - absolutely beautiful!

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! Ooh! I LOVE the way that looks! Off to go find that pattern on Rav...

Knitting Linguist said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.