Thursday, September 3, 2009

ELEVEN!!!!

I haven't had a whole lot of knitting motivation this week... as mentioned before, I'm so close to finishing two projects, but I have no desire to pick either of them up.

But this weekend is a long weekend, and Dave and I have no plans, so I've decided to make it a UFO long weekend and commit to finish at least one of them.

But I can't decide which... the socks, or the fan shawl. So tonight, I worked on the sockghan while trying to decide. (yes I am entirely aware that I probably could have completed one of them by working on it tonight instead of the sockghan, thus leaving the weekend to finish the other, then have BOTH projects done... but what's the fun in that?)

I still haven't decided which project to finish, but I did get another row done on the sockghan...

.... and look it's a whopping 11 inches long! (that's 74 squares).... only 55 inches (370 squares) more to go.

Actually, I am loving this project. Unlike many other projects I've worked on it doesn't bother me that I'm miles from being finished. I think the variety of yarn is keeping me from getting bored. Each square is almost like casting on for a new project... and I have so many great yarns to choose from.

But, as I said... I'll be putting this away for the weekend, and by Tuesday, you should see a finished project on this screen!

Oh, and before I forget... Mom and I got into the dye again the other day. It's drying now, but there should be some new colours up in the store again soon.

... and one last thing.... on Saturday, September 12th, I will be vending at the Hamilton Pagan Harvest Festival. This year, I'll be taking the yarn, as well my jewellry.... so if there is something on the site you want... you might want to get it soon, as it might not be coming back from the show.

8 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

The sockghan looks great. I just can't decide whether I should start one myself with all my sock leftovers, or pack up them up and send them to you!

Have fun in Hamilton - should be lovely weather!

Jeanne said...

The sockghan is looking great! It is really going to be beautiful when its done.

Enjoy the long weekend, and can't wait to see what you decide to finish!

Kiki said...

The sockghan is looking lovely! That's the beauty of those kind of projects, you don't need to feel guilty about not working on them for a while.

lexa said...

Enjoy your long weekend! We are going to the camper, of course, and I will be armed with lots of knitting. It's woodsmen's weekend there this weekend, lots of activities to watch, the kids should have fun. I love watching log rolling. I should have lots of pictures, I hope! (Hopefully of FOs and woodsmen stuff.)

lexa said...

Enjoy your long weekend! We are going to the camper, of course, and I will be armed with lots of knitting. It's woodsmen's weekend there this weekend, lots of activities to watch, the kids should have fun. I love watching log rolling. I should have lots of pictures, I hope! (Hopefully of FOs and woodsmen stuff.)

Knitting Linguist said...

I am loving that sockghan! I need to start one; I keep thinking I might do one with the sock yarn held double, just to make things move along a little faster... :)

Samantha said...

PPD or Knitter's Fair ... which will I choose? Hmmm.

Alisha said...

I like that sockghan. It is a neat idea.