Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spreading the disease

Things have been really stressful at Job #1. It's nothing serious, just a lot of projects, tight deadlines and sales reps who don't understand that - no I can't pull a 500 word story out of my butt in 2 minutes so you client can approve it because the deadline is in 5 minutes and you took your sweet ass time about selling the space.

One of my editors is bearing the brunt of it and was saying she needed something to take her mind off the chaos. Of course, I suggested knitting.

So, the lessons began yesterday:She's doing quite well... all that knitting after just two lunch breaks. What's she's making has changed several times from a scarf for herself, to a scarf for her boyfriend...but now she seems to have settled on a scarf for her Golden Doodle, Grace.

All in all, it worked out. Just look at the smile on her face. All I kept hearing this afternoon when we went back to work was "I don't want to work - I want to knit." And as I left today she was knitting - the presses were having issues to she had to wait around to send her publication out. But she was SMILING!

Now Dave hasn't been here all week, so I have to go do my own dishes... then it's off the bath, book and bed!

4 comments:

lexa said...

Knitting is a great way to relieve stress, that's for sure. But if things get too bad you gotta be careful - knitting needles can be deadly weapons should someone snap! lol!

Samantha said...

When you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em!

Kiki said...

Yes, yes, do the good work! More converts!

Knitting Linguist said...

Yes! This is why we knit! And this is how I survive stressful meetings :)