Friday, June 25, 2010

Got Yarn?

I do! I do!

And I know some of you do too! - Mom put the Barn Cat up and it was a big hit! I hope you all love it just as much in person!

I always say Barn Cats are the best cats. Rocky was a barn cat. And so was one of my most favourite kitties of all time - Miss MonkeyI rescued Monkey from a horse barn when I was about 12. She was the sweetest little orange cat and we had her for about 10 years. She was full grown when we brought her home, so I'm not sure how old she was when she died. But you couldn't ask for a better cat.

Anyway, back to the yarn.

While I didn't bring any Barn Cat home with me (yet) I did manage to score some fibrey goodness...

Two skeins of Slinky Cat in Peacock
I had Mom dye this special for me since every time we put it in the shop it flies out! This will definitely be a shawl of some sort!

Two skeins of Top Cat in Jiminy CricketWe recently upped the yardage in our Top Cat (from 400 to 435 yrds) and these were the last two 400 yarders, so to avoid any confusion, I brought them home with me.

Two skeins of Fluffy Cat in Teddy Bear
This I had to take home, because - as you'll notice at the bottom of the skein - I got a little messy and slopped some red dye on it - so it wasn't good enough for the shop.

I didn't do it on purpose I swear.

I also raided Mom's stash too....
I couldn't resist snagging this skein of Twisted in Firefly... as soon as I'm done here I'll be casting on for some self-striping socks!

Oh and I brought home something else but I'm not keeping itIt's Fat Cat in Tea Time, and I'll tell you all about it at a later date!

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Ooooh, Tea Time is gorgeous!

Monika said...

Oh all this yarny goodness! Tea Time is just gorgeous! If it were in Green Tea color, I would love to have it! :o)

Jeanne said...

That is gorgeous yarn - I can see why you brought some home with you! Teddy Bear is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

so much yumminess!!!!!