Monday, August 23, 2010

Barbie World

Maybe I was inspired by the Barbie castle I got for the nieces, or maybe it was the bottle of Tequila Dave opened, but whatever the reason, this weekend I felt compelled to design some Barbie clothes.

So I grabbed some leftover Wandering Cat Yarn and got to it. First, a little
blue dress in Slinky Cat. The Slinky makes for a nice study fabric when knit on 2mm needles and adds just a bit of shine - perfect for a night on the Barbie-town.

Then, because it can get a little chilly, I made a nice little Fluffy Cat cardi.

The Fluffy has a nice halo - just like a cozy angora sweater - so I knew it needed pearl buttons. The "buttons" are actually beads, and the cardi closes with snaps.
And finally, for those extra cool evenings, I knit a Top Cat tunic with seed stitch details.

I love how this one turned out, and I'm going to have to design a people sized one because I so want one!

I'll get around to creating and printing these patterns eventually - they are great for using up left over yarn.

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Great outfits! I was thinking of making some Barbie outfits for Christmas presents.

Have you seen this site?

www.stickatillbarbie.se

TheBlackSheep said...

Cute! I wish I could knit that well for me, let alone in Small version.

lexa said...

Wish I had a little girl to knit Barbie clothes for. Alas, our family is all boys. Though I did hear a rumor that SIL is preggers, haven't heard it directly from her, though. If she is she'd best be having a girl!!

Anonymous said...

they are fabulous!!!

Knatolee said...

These are great. When I was a girl, I loved it when people knit clothes for my Barbie doll!