Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sigh...

...Sunday evening comes far too fast lately. I know, I'm really starting to sound like a broken record, but I could totally use an extra day or two attached to each weekend.

But enough of my whining - despite feeling too short, this weekend was a very productive one. While I was a little concerned my self imposed Summer of the Second Sock challenge was going to be a bit of a flop, it actually went pretty well. With only a few days left to spare, I finished up two second socks this weekend!

First - my Traffic Island socksI cast on the first sock in March. And it was done pretty quick, but I never bothered getting around to the second one until Wednesday. I did the cuff Wednesday night, the heel Friday night and finished the foot Saturday afternoon. (Colour is Wood Nymph Lite in our Alley Cat)

Immediately after, I cast on for the second Spice Trader sock......and by 1:30 a.m. I was grafting the toe! These weren't originally part of the Second Sock challenge, I cast on for the first sock after announcing the challenge, but now that they are done they count!

I still have two pairs that require second socks, but one - Dave's Moody Blues Socks - are probably going to get frogged - I think they are too big. They are for Christmas, so I'm not in any rush to get them done.

As for the other pair - I'm not sure where I put the yarn for the second sock, or if I'll even have enough. It was the end of a cone, and I think I'll be cutting it really close if I ever do find it - so they may never get finished.

Since I've pretty much got my sock WIPs done, what am I to knit now?

Well I still have three shawls to complete the 10 Shawl Challenge - and consequently I do have three shawls on the needles - but....

....I've been finding myself in a sweater mood lately. This weekend notwithstanding (it's gross and humid again) we've enjoyed some gorgeous weather lately - with just a hint of autumn in the air - and I've been thinking about sweaters - lots and lots of sweaters.

I have yarn set aside for several:
* I have some lovely Purpley/Red RYC Cashsoft for Debbie Bliss' Empire Line Cardigan
* The Mauve Diamond Luxury Merino I bought at the Tent Sale last week is perfect for the Honeybee Cardigan
* And I'm sorely tempted to steal the Dark Green Baruffa Merino Otto I bought for Dave to make myself Vinelle

And I also have sweater amounts in Lousia Harding Kashmir (Sun Yellow), Regia Silk 6-Ply (Forest Green), Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (Burgundy), and Debbie Bliss Cathay (Apple Green).

And despite having all that yarn - you probably won't be surprised to learn that I just dyed up some Fluffy Cat to make Fable. I'm going to make it a little longer - but isn't it so pretty? I have to have it.

I created a new colour called Figgy Pudding for this one - it's at Mom's drying, but I promise I'll give you a sneak peek soon.

And, since I can't cast on for Fable until my yarn is dry, I'm being a good girl. I've picked up my Sloppy Sweater again. I'd definitely like to have it done before the cooler weather hits - and it's so mindless I should be able to breeze through what's left of it (front and two sleeves.)

Dave's gone to the cottage for the week - it's his last bit of time off before the school year starts again. While it's lonely without him, it means plenty of uninterrupted knitting time... now if only I could do something about my day job too....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great socks!!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Yes, Sunday evenings are bittersweet. Like the last day of a vacation.

The socks look great - you must be pleased to have them done. And it must be the cooler evenings, because I've been mooning over sweater patterns as well.

Anonymous said...

Fable is SO pretty! Congrats on scoring some good knitting time.

Steve was in Phoenix all last week. I was appalled at how little knitting I got done. :-(

Oh well ---- Monday is a new start, right? LOL

TheBlackSheep said...

If you ever find out how to add more days to the weekend, please share. Weekends being too short are the story of my life.

At least you're getting a lot of knitting done and sweaters are on the in now. Not long until Autumn!

Samantha said...

I love it! I want it too!! I can't wait to see what Figgy Pudding looks like.