Saturday, August 21, 2010

Purging

I finally decided to tackle the studio this weekend. The mess inside has been growing steadily worse. It got to the point where I could barely get in to get yarn. The good thing is I can shut the door and not look at it. But the bad thing is I can shut the door and not look at it.

So, I went in and cleaned, ruthlessly got rid of clutter (why was I hanging on to one of Dave's shirts that needed buttons, when it doesn't even fit him any more?) I threw out junk, shredded documents, and tidied and organized everything - not only can you see the floor now, but you can actually get in and move around.

Of course, my shadow had to help through the whole process.

He oversaw the organizing of the yarn.He kept watch over the pile of clothes that need ironing
And all that "helping" wore him out because he soon crashed in the box of Christmas knitting.
My next big project is to go through and decide which beads I want to destash. I don't have time to make jewelry like I used to, so I'm going to be selling a lot of it off - that will help with the clutter as well.

Of course, there's no help for the yarn clutter. Try as I might, I couldn't resist stopping in at the Needle Emporium's Tent Sale on FridayI got 10 balls of this lovely yarn (fingering weight super fine merino) for just $30 - what a deal!

7 comments:

lexa said...

Looks like your "helper" ran out of energy! lol! Who can pass up a great deal like that? It would be a crime not to get that yarn for that price!!

Monika said...

He's so cute! I'd like to have a helper like that around! With my boys I can't do anything, because everything gets taste chewed, not just by the pup, but Happy does as Denny does.
Lovely yarn you've got there! My only stash enhancement is WCY's at the moment. :o)

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, what does the new yarn want to be when it grows up?

Knitting Linguist said...

I love the "helper" pictures! He looks very much like my Gwilim :) Good for you for cleaning out -- that always feels good once it's done!

Samantha said...

Good job! Remember I'm game for any yarn you want to de-stash! :) I wanted to make it to the tent sale too, but I just didn't have time. *pout*

RobinH said...

Love your assistant! How can one get anything done unsupervised?!

zoom said...

This post has almost inspired me to clean up my art room.

Almost...