Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Purple heart

After what seemed like eons and eons, I finished the knit-on edge of Kleio.

If I'm honest, I'm a little disappointed with this knit. I did not really enjoy it at all. There is nothing wrong with the pattern or the design - for me it just wasn't as satisfying knit.  

First there were the endless garter short rows, which bored me to tears. Then I fought with the braid and ended up having to rip back and omit it. Then it took me four tried to get the lace pattern set. Finally, when I got to the knit-on edge, I thought the end was in sight.... but that edge took forever... (about nine hours in total....)

And the end result... it's pretty, but it's really more of a scarf than a shawl - long, but shallow.

Even adding some beady bling to the lace didn't make me love it in the end. The only thing I love is that it's done.

Better pics will follow when its dry... and maybe I'll love it a little more then...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It IS pretty, but it looks like it would be difficult to wear. Not quite a shawl, but a little to wide for a scarf.

Hopefully your next knit will be more satisfying.

Araignee said...

That's how I feel about my second Color Affection. It is an awkward size and shape. I tried putting it on the other day and while it's pretty it just didn't work. You can never tell about lace though. It could be just spectacular once you put it on. Pix please!

Samantha said...

Disappointing knits are not fun, but you got it done and it's lovely. I like the colours. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the pattern wasn't enjoyable. Kuddos for finishing it! I love the end result, the color combo and the bling! Is that Tux photobombing by the way? I hope you grow to love your scarf-shawl!

Unknown said...

I've knitted patterns I didn't really enjoy too, so I can sympathize with you. But, looking at the pictures, I think the lacy edge with the beady-bling is quite pretty. I sure hope it looks pretty as a scarf; I'm looking forward to more pictures too.

kathy b said...

Well You stuck it out and I think it is lovely! I can't keep knitting when I'm unhappy in the process…..Good for you and seeing the end product in your line of sight

lexa said...

It sucks when you knit something you don't enjoy. But at least you finished it! :)