Saturday, December 13, 2014

Birthday booty - for me and you!

My birthday was yesterday, and it was a nice quiet one. I worked from home, and when Dave got in he took me to my favourite Fish n' Chip shack on the lake for dinner. (No pictures - he's getting a little camera shy in his old age).

On the way home we stopped and he got me a birthday cake
We didn't really need a whole cake ... it's just the two of us, but it's not really official until your name is written in icing. I took some up to Mom this morning.

And in exchange, got to open more presents!
A new project bag - which I've already filled with Cygnus! And a new (to me) gravy boat.
Long-time readers will remember that back in 2012, while having a garage sale with Dad, I came across and old family treasure - Mom's old gravy boat. I snatched it up and rescued it from being sold. But as soon as my brother saw it... well is the real cook in the family, so I thought it only right that he should have it, so I gave it to him.

I've come to regret that decision in the last few years. While he's not undeserving, I went back to serving gravy in a coffee mug... but not any more!

Mom found this one in our favourite antique store. It doesn't have the same memories as the one I gave my brother... but we can make new memories with this one!

 And now for a little present for you. Mom wants to clear some stuff out of the shop, so for the rest of the weekend, use the code BOSSCATS35 and save 35%!

4 comments:

kathy b said...

Im headed over to shop...
I love that gravy boat

kathy b said...

and Happy Birthday. I m so glad you got a cake

Delusional Knitter said...

Happy Birthday!! That sure if a lovely gravy boat!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday! I *would* sing it to you, but ain't NOBODY want to hear THAT! LOL

The gravy boat you found is GORGEOUS! I know you'll have many happy gravy occasions with that one too. :-)