Sunday, January 25, 2015

A pop of colour for January

January is just so dull and grey... thankfully, I have dye studio play in.
I dyed up a batch of Twisted Top Cat. Though, admittedly, those shades are a little on the moody side.

But then I conviced Mom to let me take another crack at dyeing some fiber. She tied up some BFL for me and....
That will brighten things up!

I tried a new technique this time and things went much better... and easier. Mom will send me pics when they are all dry and braided up.... and I think I may just have to learn how to spin....

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hmmm, I like moody colours! I've got a bunch of things to catch up on but in a few months I may need to load up on more sock yarn ... especially if I manage to keep up with the pattern releases in the Cookie A sock club. And I LOVE the Twisted Top Cat base best!!!!

Araignee said...

Uh, oh....spinning is a slippery slope. If you think a knitting stash is crazy, you should see what a spinner's stash looks like. Oh yeah, now you do!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that will certainly brighten up a dull winter's day! :-)

Rachelle said...

Spinning is such fun, you should definitely leap in! Especially with those pretties. I do like BFL.