Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Too impatient...

By Sunday, Cygnus Two was dry. I sewed in her ends, sewed on her buttons and just had to give her a test run. Normally, I'd pop up to Mom's get to get some photos (it's too cold to do one of our grand photo shoots, so that's going to have to wait until Spring) but since I still had the sniffles, I didn't want to infect her or my Dad.

So, I grabbed the camera and headed out back
Sadly - this was the best shot I could get. Selfies work okay for socks, hats and scarves, but that's about it! I need longer arms...

I brought her back inside and grabbed an un-modelled shot.
She's just a touch larger than Cygnus One and a little bit heavier - but that's not a surprise - Bugga is a slightly heavier yarn. I'm absolutely thrilled with the colour and I'm so glad I decided to do one in red. I can wear her with at least five of my dresses. And just think of how good she'll look with my Birthday boots!
And incase you can't tell in the other photos....
I opted for the bright red buttons. They were the perfect shade and I only had three of them. I had five of all the others, and I hate to break up a set.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRRRRL ....you DO know how to rock the red!

kathy b said...

That is an amazing red finish! Love your boots. Love your knitting! Great great job
Red is perfect during our dreary january!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! And the buttons are perfect. Funny story, after the first time you posted your birthday boots that pair started showing up on my FB feed side bar. It was uncanny!

Rachelle said...

It looks so good, but I think it's time you went and got a tripod so you can take selfies using the timer. That way we can see the lovely cardigan properly.

Faela Star said...

Gorgeous cardi, I look forward to the pattern release!
If you don't get a tripod, you could always get a selfie stick... They're super cheap!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! GORGEOUS!!! Even the selfie turned out quite well, I'd say! Your lace work is outstanding!