Thursday, October 19, 2017

FO: Jaywalker

The second pair of socks for the I ❤ Fall KAL is done!
The pattern is Jaywalker, but the dyeing on the yarn softens the zigzags a little.
 The main yarn is Twisted Fibre Arts Kabam (colour is Netherfield), and I had some leftover Jungle Cat in my stash that was just perfect for heels and toes.
Although I didn't plan it that way the "stripes" line up pretty much perfectly across both socks.  I don't mind mismatched socks, but this was pure luck.
I made a pair of Jaywalkers earlier this year, but even on the smallest size (76 stitches) they were too big for my narrow feet, so for this pair I went down to 68 stitches.
The fit is perfect - and they are done just in time... the cold winds are blowing! Perfect sock weather.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!

Congrats and I'll get them added to the list.

Vera said...

Beautiful! Love the way the top is a bit wavy. I need to try that pattern. Congrats on another great finish!

PS. Love your shoes - fabulous color.

Delighted Hands said...

So sassy! Just in time is right; we are even having a cold for us snap!

Bridget said...

Your shoes actually coordinate with your socks - I am incredibly impressed by both!

Araignee said...

I love what the yarn does to the Jaywalker pattern. I wouldn't have even guessed it was that pattern! Still not sock weather here. I am wondering if I will ever unpack my fall sweaters and shawls this year.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love the color of this yarn....and don't get me started on the shoes! They are perfect with these socks. For some reason I can't knit Jaywalkers. The pattern and my mind just don't get along at all. Which is a shame because I love the look of them.

Eastside Cats said...

Cute as all get out!

elns said...

Beautiful. I like the jaywalker w/soft zigzags as well! Match the lovely shoes perfectly!

chrisknits said...

They are perfect and a perfect match for those shoes!! I love those shoes!

Mereknits said...

First a belated Happy Anniversary. Marriage is not for the faint of heart. there is a LOT of work that has to be done to make it work. Well done on staying together through the good times and the bad. Love the socks you have made and those shoes are pretty wonderful too.

kathy b said...

Your shoes and your socks are ALWAYS fantastic. This time as well!!

RobinH said...

They look beautiful!