Saturday, October 14, 2017

Oh my stars!

Even though I was on vacation this week, I kept my commitment to try to make at least one star block every day!
And I'm pleased to say... all 16 blocks are completed.  My original plan was to just line them up and sew them all together, but they are no where good enough for that... there would be a lot of mismatched points.
So I bought this lovely chunk of blue-green batik which will become so nice sashing. I still need some other sashing fabrics to make this big enough for a queen-size bed, and of course binding and backing... but it feels good to have all those blocks done!

11 comments:

Smudge said...

That's a lot of descriptive words I don't understand, but I will say, that's a beautiful piece of a work of art for sure! You must be incredibly patient. Enjoy your weekend!

Araignee said...

Oh my stars! They are beautiful. I have a kit like that and I am afraid of it.

Mereknits said...

I am getting all caught up on your week. Hope your poor cat has recovered from the surgery. Love that gorgeous yarn, it matches that beautiful rose so perfectly. I am enjoying a few roses myself. Have a wonderful weekend.

kathy b said...

I love blues, so that quilt to me is wonderful!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Bravo! It looks great and the sashing fabric is a great choice! Well done!

chrisknits said...

Gorgeous!!! You rock.

gayle said...

Woohoo!! Lovely stars! And I do love a good batik for sashing!

bittenbyknittin said...

Good for you! That is going to be one lovely quilt.

Anonymous said...

I think I like it better with the sashing. All that batik makes the stars really pop!

Eastside Cats said...

Looking good!

elns said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colors, the fabric! the pattern. Really nice work.