Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Slipping away

Despite a warmer than normal October, the weather seems like it's beginning to turn. I've prepared the gardens for winter the best I can. Now all I can do is enjoy what's left, then wait for spring.
The Butterfly Bush really loves the cooler weather - she's started blooming again.
The little Violas are still blooming. Most of the other colours died off in the high heat, but this one and the white/purple ones survived. I hope they make it through winter.
My Strawberry Mango Smoothie Coneflower is looking good.
As is my late-blooming Lupin.
And this pretty Susan was a surprise. It popped up suddenly beside the BBQ. I have no idea how it got there.  The leaves are different from my other Susans in the Big Bee garden. They are similar to the double bloom Susans, but as you can see - these are single blooms. I've moved the plant to the Little Bee garden. Hopefully it has enough time to put down some good roots and come back next year - I do love Black-Eyed Susans!

7 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I'm a big fan of Black Eyed Susans too. :-)

Delighted Hands said...

That susan was a nice bonus for you! Enjoy the colors for as long as you can!

Vera said...

Nice to have blooms so late this year!

kathy b said...

your LUPINE is gorgeous.

I had a succulent turn red red red outside in the cold. IT IS gorgeous. Hope it doesnt die. I brought them all in yesterday. Read that some TRY to get their succulents to change colors. I didnt even try

Araignee said...

I bought some pansies a few weeks ago when they were in full bloom and now they have all gone to green. :(

Anonymous said...

I think of this group of flowers, the cone flower is MY favorite.

Eastside Cats said...

A surprise plant! Thank some bird or squirrel, methinks!