Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Hallowe'en helper

As you know, we don't have kids. But that doesn't keep me from loving Hallowe'en. We don't even get many trick-or-treaters. But I don't care! Nothing is going to stop me from carving a jack-o-lantern or two, dressing up, and making sure there is candy in the house.

And this year I had a little help with the pre-Hallowe'en mayhem...
Burton was absolutely fascinated by this whole pumpkin business.
He especially liked the bits that were coming out from the insides. 

While the little pumpkin eater was busy with the guts, I got to carving...
I have three steps up to the front door, so it's always nice to have more than one pumpkin lining the way.
They look even better lit up!

Happy Hallowe'en!

10 comments:

Bridget said...

Who needs kids to enjoy Halloween???!!!

Did you tell Burton he has a built-in costume?

chrisknits said...

The placemats are so sweet, the pumpkin family is precious, but Burton is the show stopper. How does he do adorable so well? Happy Halloween!

Araignee said...

Those are some great jack o'lanterns! Mine always look like a 2 year old carved it.

kathy b said...

Me too! My black cats love Halloween. They get extra cuddles for being black cats. Ive carved two pumpkins and lit them all week.!!! We will go into town to see the kids going house to house. We are too far up in the country for them to come by us. I love Halloween

Eastside Cats said...

Cute pumpkins! Having a little furry helper makes it all the more fun!

Delighted Hands said...

Great job! It's always fun to carve a pumpkin; do you save the seeds for baking and eating-my favorite part!

Vera said...

Great jack-o-lanterns! I love them lit up. With crazy work and being away some, I completely forgot to get even one. Now I'm mad/sad - lol. Plus I love roasting the seeds. Burton is so cute!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Nice work on the pumpking carving!! They look spooktacular!

elns said...

Blackcats and pumpkins. Aww, it's too much.

Mereknits said...

I love your spirit! I am in love with Halloween, it is by far my favorite holiday.