Thursday, January 18, 2018

Decisions....

On the weekend I made the trip to Lens to get my batting and glue, so I plan to tackle Aliza's quilt come the weekend.

But while I was there, I also picked up some fabric for the sashing on Wren's quilt. I couldn't find quite was I was imagining in my head... a little white daisy on a buttery yellow background. But I did come home with two options.

Option one... grey outlined flower on white
I thought the grey worked, because there's a fair bit of grey lining in two of the bird fabrics.
Option 2... a crazy gold outlined daisy on white
It brings in the yellow I wanted and is almost a perfect match for the gold in the pink bird fabric.
Now I just have to decide which one I like best. At the moment I'm leaning towards the gold daisies, mostly because the fabric is thicker than the grey one, and I think it will stand up to frequent washing better.

Which do you prefer?

And while I already had a backing piece for this one, I couldn't walk away from this Tweety Bird flannel that was on clearance...
I just love the idea of a flannel back for a baby blanket. Just a little bit of extra snuggle.

10 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Hmmm....I think I like the gold daisies too. The Tweety Bird flannel is fab! I'm possessed with Tweety Bird. I have a slightly out of control collection of anything Tweety Bird. I can't seem to out grow it. I have loved that bird since I was a little kid watching the cartoon on Sat mornings.

Seajaes said...

The yellow daisy background hands down.
Cheryl

Delighted Hands said...

What fun to have it come together! The gold is very cheery and will pick up the stronger colors of the backing. I think your decision is made already!

Araignee said...

That is a hard one, they both look good. If it's a matter of usage than I'd go with the thicker one since kids are very hard on their blankies. The ones I made for the grands are started to look a bit ragged. I love the idea of a flannel backing. Why have I never thought of that?

chrisknits said...

I prefer the gray, but it's your quilt, so go with your gut. When my youngest was born I made her a quilt and she received two others from quilting friends. The one she loved most had a flannel back. It wasn't mine so it hurt her poor mom's feelings! LOL

Eastside Cats said...

Hmmm...I'm 50/50 here! That means either will do well. Love the Tweety Bird fabric.

kathy b said...

Agreed. FLannel is so soft

Tired Teacher said...

Selecting fabric is a tough decision. I like both of your choices. The flannel is adorable!

RobinH said...

I have a flannel backed quilt my mom made me. Snuggliest ever!

Anonymous said...

I like option 2.