Dave is off at the cottage for the week, so it's just me and the cats. I decided to use the quiet time to tackle the pieced border on the Woodland Ballet top.
The side border was about an inch and a quarter too long, and I didn't want to just trim it off. Instead, I decided to piece in some background fabric between the paws and the top and bottom borders. Since they were already sewn on, that meant a little ripping.
Actually, a lot of ripping. But soon enough it was done, and the new fabric was pieced in.
It's just 3/4 of an inch on top and bottom, so you've got to look close to see it. But it did the trick!
It's not quite big enough yet, so I cut some fabric for a few more borders.
But I think the sewing of them will wait for the weekend. I've really got my knit mojo on right now. Stay tuned!