Tuesday, January 23, 2018

FO: Aliza in Wonderland

On the weekend I sandwiched the Aliza quilt and got to quilting. And I have to say, the pricey cotton batting makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!!
It was so much easy to wrangle around my machine. The smaller size makes a difference too, but quilting this was even easier than the placemats.
I didn't do anything fancy with the quilting. Just a stitch-in-the-ditch alongside each block, then another stitch line the width of the foot out from that. Mom got me a special foot that has a little guide so you can quilt without drawing lines on your fabric. I used that to quilt a few rows of lines around the border.
Nothing fancy for the backing either - just a bright pink solid cotton I picked up on clearance. The binding is actually a pale pink marble, though the colour variations don't show up on the picture. I had two fat quarters of it, and I was a little worried I wouldn't have enough. But in the end, I only used one of the fat quarters. I may use the other one for Wren's quilt.

And now, with this complete,  I have an empty WIP box! That means I get to start a new project! Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Araignee said...

It is adorable. It looks so vintage!

Delighted Hands said...

Yay for working through your queue! Yes, the cotton batting is better for every step! Nice job on this quilt-adorable!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Love the pink and green on this one....makes me think of Spring....I'm so over winter.

Vera said...

Nice! That turned out so pretty. What's next????

chrisknits said...

How adorable is that quilt! All of the fabrics work well together and the quilting suits the lines of the quilt. It will be cherished.

Tired Teacher said...

Love this quilt! I've only quilted a few small pieces with my machine. I had no idea batting types quilted differently.

Eastside Cats said...

Your creative ingenuity is wonderful!

kathy b said...

greens and pinks, so welcome in January . My eyes love it

Anonymous said...

You DID IT!!! BEEEEE-U-TIFUL!

elns said...

It looks so good!! I'm glad the pricey cotton was worth it, such a lovely quilt deserves it. I know I've already mentioned it, but I really do love this color combination. I want to make socks in pink and green ... maybe this spring!