Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Oakville en Francais

Poor Oakville...

Because of the holidays, and then last week's sick, I haven't been into the office for about a month. That means I wasn't commuting, so the second Oakville sock never got cast on. I finally pulled it out Sunday night and decided to at least get the ribbing done so it was ready to go...

But even then, my commute time moving forward is cut in half as I won't be going into to the office on Mondays any more. Instead, I'll be taking the city bus to night school...
My work is starting to involve more French documents. I took French all through high school (and was an A student) but I've barely used it since and my skills are beyond rusty. It would be nice if I could read the documents without having to run them through Google translate first!

It's a little harder to knit on the city bus (bumpier and busier) but I'll try to put a few rows on here and there. Oakville will reach the end of the line... just a little slower than planned!

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

You are one busy person!

Araignee said...

That dictionary is very familiar. That is the one I used to come up with the name Araignee back when Ravelry was a baby. I had a French/Canadian email pal and we were teaching each other our languages for about 10 years until she passed away from breast cancer. I miss her so much. She also got me knitting again since she was a knitter. Whoa....quite a walk down memory lane I just had-all from a photo of a book!

kathy b said...

Refreshing a foreign langauge ...that's a big goal! You are always a producer with your knitting, I know we'll see lots of beautiful knits from you

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations on taking a French class. I'm a typical lazy American and only speak English. I studied German in college: I still remember a few phrases and can read it a bit, but speaking German is waaay out of my grasp.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

French is such a pretty language. My son can speak it and he's tried teaching me but I'm affraid I'm not so good at it. I found Spanish to be a lot easier.

gayle said...

My French is even rustier than yours! I've been making an effort lately to try to read blog posts in French before wimping out and using google translate. Good for you for taking classes!

elns said...

I think it's fantastic you're taking French! It seems since you will be getting a chance to use it at work and I truly think that context will make it easier to learn.

Enjoy your class and your sock!

Delighted Hands said...

Good for you to get back to some French lessons!
The sock will come through-just be patient with yourself!

Mereknits said...

Well done you, going back to night school for French. I took two years in middle school and can't remember a thing.