Thursday, July 12, 2012

Itchin' to get stitchin'

Sorry for being MIA. I had intended to post a few times honest.... but things have been crazy since vacation ended and I really haven't got much knitting done.

And there's another thing that's really put a screw in the works.... remember how last week, I said that I was removing vines from my fence that weren't poison ivy...? Well... turns out some of them were. I got a delayed reaction. I started coming up last Friday as a really minor rash on just my wrists. It got progressively worse, but not too terrible by Tuesday when I went in and saw my doctor. It was just my forearms, and a little bit on one foot.

He told me to take some anti-histamines and gave me some hydro-cortisone cream. Wednesday I woke up and it had exploded. I had a new patch on my right knee and leg, patches on the backs of my thighs, a patch on my face and it started moving to my upper arms.

Today, half of my face is so swollen it looks like I have something stuck in my left cheek. Every patch is worse, and I have two new ones on my stomach, and one on my shoulder.From what the doctor said, there's not much I can do but wait until it "peaks" and keep treating the symptoms. I've added aveeno baths, calamine lotion and aloe vera gel to help battle the itch, but nothing is doing much good.

I guess I'm lucky, mine isn't blistering, as some cases do - it just looks and feels like I was swarmed by a band of really large, angry mosquito. Monstrously large mosquitoes.

I don't have any knitting to show you and I hate pictureless posts, but I'm really not inclined to share images of my blight. Instead, I'll share a funny cat story.

Last night, in an effort to distract myself from the itches, and because it was in sore need, I took my car up to Mom and Dad's to give it a good clean.

Their cat Deuce has a very bad habit of "claiming territory" on whatever car happens to be parked in the driveway. He loves to sit on the roof and bask in the sun, and just generally be king of the castle. But he ran into a little trouble with my car...

"Umm...excuse me... I think you car is broken...."

4 comments:

Araignee said...

Poor you! Poison Ivy is horrible stuff once it starts to spread. I still don't get why there are bugs and plants that can do such bad things to people. It just doesn't seem fair.

Rachelle said...

You broke his sense of entitlement! Hope the itchies go away soon, we don't have poison ivy here and I'm really glad!

Monika said...

Ah! I hope it will be over soon! That sounds just terrible!

RobinH said...

Agh, that's awful. Hope it dies down soon. My mom gets that kind of reaction-- when they had outdoor cats it was worst, because the cats would bring the oil in on their fur.