Monday, July 2, 2012

Little red

I had intended to post yesterday, but by the time I got around to the computer, I decided to wait until today - so I'd have better pics.

You see, when I was watching the monsters... I mean, beautiful children... last weekend, I started a little baby cardigan for Miss Nora. The Silver Cardigan - and I was knitting it up in a lovely, rich purple Fat Cat. I worked away on it Sunday, and was a little more than halfway done when I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn. Not even close. I could try to dye up another skein, but chances are it wouldn't be a perfect match, and I'd have to alternate rows anyway, which meant frogging.

Since I was going to have to frog either way, I dove back into my stash. I came out with a nice bright red yarn - Dalegarn Svale. It's not my favourite yarn to knit with (I made my colleague's shawl out of some in pink earlier this year and it's very splitty), but this year is all about using up stash isn't it? It's a cotton/viscose/silk blend, which is nice for a baby - the cotton is nice and washable and the silk (just a touch) makes it nice and soft and drapey.
I adore this pattern. I'm already doing the math so I can make a big girl size for myself. I'm thinking Slinky Cat DK... perhaps in some of that pretty Duchess I used on the pinwheel jacket....

And, here's a picture of Mom's cat Deuce, I took while I was there on Saturday:
I love cat toes. And Deuce is extra special because he has extra!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

sweet wee top. Kitty looks very much like my Ray cat.

Frieda said...

That little cardie will be adorable , that is such a fabulous colour ! I love the versatility of patterns like this . It can be worn with a long sleeved top when the weather gets cooler . I'll have to see if I can modify it to knit a larger size for Stella . One more pattern to add to the everlengthening ravelry queue (sigh).

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It is a pretty pattern! Good for you for showing that self discipline to find stash yarn to use!

RobinH said...

Ooh, very cute! What a charming pattern. (You have really excellent taste, have I mentioned that lately?)

And Deuce is beautiful. I like the extra toes too- as a kid we had a tiger with double paws (extra toes) and we called him Paddles.