Monday, July 16, 2012

Quick and leafy

Mom likes to tease me about my love for ankle socks. But it's not just because they are a quick knit, I really do love wearing ankle socks.


The quick, however, is definitely a bonus. By 5:30 p.m. yesterday, the first  Lotus Heart sock was finished.

The cuff is knit sideways, and then you pick up stitches in the round to complete the socks in a pretty leaf pattern down the foot. .

You all know how I feel about knitting leaves - love it! That, combined with the awesome colour and nice smooshy Alley Cat Falkland, make this a pair you want to just keep knitting and knitting.

They look like little "sprite" socks when they are on. I love them. Too bad it's too warm here for socks right now.

I'd like to say I'd have the second sock off the needles just as quick as the first, but I've started a new position at work, and things are a little hectic while I get up to speed. Maybe by the end of the week - but I'm not making any promises!

6 comments:

Monika said...

This sock looks great! I personally don't like to wear ankle socks, but I love how they look.

Rachelle said...

It is never too warm for wool socks; I wear them right through summer and they're more comfy than the bought cotton ones. Even my husband likes his handknit socks in summer!
Btw, those are gorgeous.

Debi said...

They are WOW! love them...pattern??? You pick the most beautiful sock patterns..♥Debi

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Those are fab. Mmm can't wait to start my Lotus Heart socks... but I plan to make mine full-length.

Good luck at the new position at work! Is it more fun? More challenging? More $$$?

Knatolee said...

Awesome socks!

Knitting Linguist said...

Those are darling!! (And my niece, who is currently visiting, would love a pair :) ) Good luck with the new position!