Friday, July 4, 2014

There's a hole in my garden, dear Liza....

I can home from work today and looked over at the tree garden and noticed something was amiss
There was a large flowerless hole! Last time I looked, there were a couple of snap dragons, a cosmo or two and one of the hens and chicks I just bought. There's a few pieces of the hens and chicks, but the rest is gone. There were a few shreds of what appears to be a bulb of some sort, so my hypothesis is that Mr. Squirrel came along looking for a bulb he deposited there last winter...

I guess I'm going to have to find something to stick in there now!

Elsewhere, my Lilies have bloomed
Only one plant has sent up any bloom stalks, but as you can see, it chock full of buds. I was pretty worried for a while - Dad's lilies had tonnes of buds and there was no sign from mine. But I came home one day a couple of weeks ago and one had finally pushed up.

And I had to remind myself that it took five years to get any on the ones I planted at the old house. But patience has never been one of my virtues....

Which is why I've just thrown the Lestrange collar into a time-out in the corner... stay tuned for that story later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! Well, at least you can relax by going out to look at the day lily while Lestrange sits in the corner and thinks about what it has done.

Hopefully, when you drag it back out, it will have learned to behave properly!

Rachelle said...

That's a lovely lily, pity about the marauding squirrel!
I'm back to spinning at the moment, knitting on hold for a short bit.

lexa said...

My trees and flowers are taking a beating today while Arthur is blowing through. At least we aren't getting much rain out if it, I think New Brunswick is getting the bulk of the rain. It doesn't seem to be blowing as hard as it was at 6am. I think it was steadier wind at 6am. There is a ton of carnage all over, though, from the look of my FB page! And my back yard!!

kathy b said...

What??/// Silly squirrel. I'd be none too happy about him!

Araignee said...

Here it is moles that do the damage. They dig up and replant everything I put in the ground. The outdoor kitties feast on them from time to time but there are still enough to drive me crazy.

Unknown said...

I'd be a little cranky about having plants dug up! But, your blooms are looking beautiful...