Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cherry sticky

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a giant bag of cherries for Dave because he told me he REALLY, REALLY loved them. A few days ago, he came out with the still full bag in his hands and said "these cherries are kind of soft..."

Well... yeah they would be. But I couldn't let that whole bag go to waste, so last night I sat down an started pitting them all
There was only one thing to do with them ... an it require a lot of sugar
I found these fancy measuring spoons at Dollarama, and this was my first chance to try them out. My blender made quick work of the pitted cherries...
An a lot of stirring later.....
A sweet batch of cherry jam.

4 comments:

kathy b said...

almost like it was the plan all along!

Nancy Kay said...

Mmmmm....mmmmm....good!

Araignee said...

Waste not, want not! How could anyone forget about cherries in the fridge? They'd be gone in a minute around here. They are so expensive and so GOOD.

Dee said...

Putting those cherries to good use.🍒