I did plan to have a nice relaxing weekend of sewing and knitting... but a certain kitty threw a bit of a wrench into my plans...
It started on Tuesday. Relic had gone out for his usual morning jaunt and came back about an hour later, looking a little wild-eyed. It was pouring rain, so I figured that's why he was upset. He came in dried off, and everything seemed fine.
But the next day, I noticed he was moving a little slower. And when he went outside, he was laying in the garden, up against the house - instead of in his usual chair. I brought him in, and noticed he was moving oddly - not quite limping. I though maybe he'd had a bad jump and jarred or twisted the joint a bit. So I decided to let him rest and see if things improved.
Later that night, when I was giving him some cuddles, I noticed a patch of fur that was stuck down on his back leg. I got a warm, wet cloth, soaked the area a bit, and sure enough... there was a small bite wound. It didn't seem too bad, so I cleaned it up and put some antibiotic ointment on it, and let him be.
By Thursday morning he was noticeably limping. The wound still didn't seem infected, so I decided to play wait and see a bit longer.
But...by Friday, that poor foot from the ankle joint down was swollen to twice the size of the other foot... so we called the vet.
Saturday morning we were up there bright and early,getting him checked over. In the end, he got an injection of long-lasting antibiotics, and five days of oral ant-inflammatory (lucky me!). I've already noticed some improvement so I'm sure he'll be right as rain in no time.
And hopefully he's learned not to tangle with some of the nastier neighbourhood denizens!
And not to worry - I did manage to get some work done on my projects, though I lost a good part of Saturday morning. Of course, looking at that face... it was totally worth it!