First - thank you for your concern and good thoughts for Relic. He's doing well. The abscess burst early yesterday afternoon, and after I got him cleaned up and some antibiotic ointment on it, he seemed much happier. It's probably a lot less pressure in that area. It's pretty small, so as long as I can keep clean, it should heal nicely. He's stuck inside for at least a week, I think - but he'll survive.
Now, onto the good stuff...
In between vet visits, med administering, and warm compresses, I managed to get a couple projects wrapped up on the weekend. The first is my SIL's patchwork owl...
Spearmint Sticks quilt.
While I am happy with him, were I to make him again, I'd change a couple of things. I do his belly with a less busy fabric. I wanted to use this one because it had owls (and is from the project bag I made her a few years ago), but I think something plainer would work better.
I'd also try to use browns that were closer in shade - mine are all over the spectrum, and I think it's a little hard for the eye to focus. But the purpose was to use scraps, and I've done just that.
Hopefully he'll help make for a very happy birthday!