Sunday, February 18, 2018

No where to go

As I've mentioned before, in order to keep my quilting projects from getting out of hand, I've got five boxes that hold projects in progress.

Currrently, those boxes contain
  • Deep Sea Stars quilt
  • Happy Little Hooter wall hanging
  • Eternal Autumn quilt
  • Tuxie Love quilt
  • A pretty purple project I haven't shown you yet
But I suddenly found myself in a bit of a holding pattern. Deep Sea Stars is awaiting a few more yards of batiks so I can finish the borders. Happy Little Hooter was together, but needed borders and I had nothing in the stash that was working for me. Eternal Autumn quilt needed borders, but I had nothing for it. I've been surrounding the Tuxie Love blocks with plain white, but I ran out. And the purple project was awaiting some squares Mom was cutting for me.

So  I couldn't work on anything without starting something new. It was time for drastic measures! A trip to Lens!
I got some pretty blue floral cotton to set off this cute little Hooter. I've decided he's going to be a pillow instead of a wall hanging.
 The clearance bin yielded up three pretty fabrics that will frame the Eternal Autumn quilt quite nicely.
And Tuxie Love got more plain white cotton so I can finish surrounding those blocks. Once that's done, the black and pink fabrics will become sashing.

And while I was there, I picked up some fabric for another project, though I can't start it until I empty a box.
Mom had three blocks leftover from a quilt she made last year. When I was working on the Bear Paws, she gave me her leftovers, along with the blocks. My cousin is pregnant with her fourth boy and due this spring. I thought the blocks would make a lovely little quilt for the new guy, but there wasn't enough leftovers to make a full quilt with the blocks.  So while I was on my little spree, I grabbed a chunk of solid green, and that funky mosaic for the backing.

So now that I'm fully supplied, I better get sewing!

7 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

With them all lined up and so close to the finish line, you are going to have some great projects completed soon!

Tired Teacher said...

Great purchases, especially the three pieces from the clearance bin!

Araignee said...

I haven't been in a fabric store in ages. That sounds like a field trip I need to make. Love all your projects. I thought I was bad for having so many going at once but I just can't work on the same thing all the time.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Boy...I guess you're going to be busy for a while! I'm really loving that Eternal Autumn quilt!!

kathy b said...

I am certain all the babies and kids LOVE their quilts to pieces. Such a unique and loving gift!!

chrisknits said...

Yay for supply shopping!! The baby quilt will be adorable and the owl pillow is so cute!

Eastside Cats said...

You have great projects!