Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A slow start to the new year

Last night Dave and I went to a nice little New Year's gathering at his uncle's. While I was there, I started a new sock.

I'm using some left over black House Cat for the heels, toes and ribbing and the body of the sock is some left over handspun from my Crow Waltz shawl. (Spun by Smoking Hot Needles).

I would have started the second Embossed Leaves sock, but the light there was very dim, and I wanted something I could work on easily while chatting too. These will probably end up being my new "lunch hour" socks for work knitting.

Today we slept ridiculously late. Far later than I thought we would. We got home at 3 a.m., but I didn't drink at all and Dave only had a couple. The cats were in no hurry to get out of bed (Rocky was just ridiculously happy to have Dave home) so we all just stayed snuggled in the warmth until early afternoon.

The rest of the day was spent puttering around and doing a little knitting (of course!) while Dave fiddled in the basement.

I finished up the body of a very special cardigan just after dinner tonight. My cousin's partner Katie has finally gone into labour (baby was due December 25), so I've got to get a move on his "welcome to the world" present.

Katie is a big Star Wars fan, so I grabbed my favourite top-down baby cardigan pattern and added some R2D2s to it.

That's the front, and this is the back...

As you can see - it still needs sleeves, and collar and button band, but we won't be meeting baby until a few weeks after he gets home, so I've got a little time.

And tomorrow it's back to work... too bad the lotto ticket locked up in my desk wasn't the big Christmas Eve winner....

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Love the R2D2 sweater or as my kids always called him "rootie tootie". Happy New Year!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Those R2D2s are great! Welcome to the world!

It's back to work for me too. Now what was I did there?

Zenitude said...

The start of your day sounds just heavenly !

Samantha said...

Happy New Year!! I love the sweater. It's awesome. Great job! :)

Unknown said...

What a cute sweater! You are very talented and creative! Happy knitting!

Mo said...

Happy New Year!

Your R2D2 baby sweater is adorable!

Mo

WildflowerWool said...

They will love that sweater. How cute!